How Much Does the 2020 RAM 1500 Weigh?
The weight of a truck tells you something about your vehicle, as it usually is a factor in towing capacity and payload. So, how much does the 2020 RAM 1500 weigh? The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) on this truck ranges from 6,800 lbs to 7,100 lbs. Oviedo Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT covers what the RAM 1500 weight means and other important specs on this storied truck below.
Types of Weight Measurements in Trucks
How much does the RAM 1500 weigh when you’re looking at curb weight? When you’re examining vehicle specs for your next Giddings truck, you’ll run into a few different words to describe weight. Three very important terms to know are:
- Curb Weight: The curb weight of a vehicle describes how much a vehicle weighs without any passengers or cargo inside. It’s the “pure” RAM 1500 weight.
- GVWR: The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GWVR) factors in everything from the weight of passengers to your cargo to your trailer tongue (see below), measuring the maximum weight that the RAM 1500 can take.
- Tongue Weight: There’s towing capacity, and then there’s tongue weight. Tongue weight isn’t a measure of the weight of your trailer, but the amount that trailer places on the trailer hitch. As noted above, tongue weight is a factor in GVWR.
2020 RAM 1500 Weight: GVWR and Curb
The 2020 RAM 1500 comes in a variety of trim levels that Smithville drivers can choose from according to their work needs and their paint coat preferences. Your choice of trim also affects the RAM 1500 weight:
2020 RAM 1500 GVWR Weight:
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman: 6,800 lbs to 7,100 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 lbs to 6,900 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 lbs to 6,900 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 lbs to 6,900 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Longhorn: 6,900 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 lbs
2020 RAM 1500 Curb Weight:
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman: 4,798 lbs to 5,227 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn: 4,891 lbs to 5,160 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie: 4,891 lbs to 5,232 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel: 4,971 lbs to 5,374 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn: 4,903 lbs to 5,232 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited: 4,903 lbs to 5,232 lbs
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
Usually in the same breath, Weimer drivers ask “How much does the RAM 1500 weigh?” and “What is the RAM 1500 towing capacity?”. Thanks to high-performance engines like the EcoDiesel, the 2020 RAM 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds. No wonder it’s a go-to for so many drivers in need of a tough truck.
Drive a RAM 1500 Today!
There’s no doubt the 2020 RAM 1500 has impressive specs, but the only way to truly experience this truck is to get behind the wheel yourself. La Grange drivers can find the RAM 1500 at Oviedo Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT, where we’re dedicated to helping you make an informed decision on your next purchase. Contact us today to set up an appointment to drive the RAM 1500!
More from Oviedo Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT
When it comes to capable trucks, Giddings drivers know that time and again the RAM 1500 comes up as one of the most capable on the road. And that’s definitely the case when you look at the 2023 RAM 1500 towing capacity. How much can a 2023 RAM 1500 tow? When properly equipped, you’re…
Giddings drivers know that there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to the 2023 Jeep Gladiator. Don’t let the head-turning iconic Jeep styling fool you—the Jeep Gladiator towing capacity is the best in its class. It also offers best-in-class payload capacity. This is one midsize truck that can handle the big jobs…
When you’re driving one of the most power-forward SUVs on Giddings streets, will you be sacrificing a significant amount of cash to the gas pump? Not if you’re driving a 2022 Dodge Durango! How many miles per gallon does the 2022 Dodge Durango get? The top Dodge Durango gas mileage is estimated to hit…